Being assertive is one of the most important skills that a sales leader can have.
In your everyday communications at work you need to be assertive when delegating, chairing, negotiating, motivating, selling, leading, disagreeing – you name it!
This workshop concentrates on building up your assertiveness skills so no matter what position you hold you can communicate on an even footing and get your point across in a firm, concise and empowering manner.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between confidence, assertiveness and aggression
- Hold challenging conversations
- React to and turn around aggressive people
- Manage and resolve conflict in the right way
Duration: 90 or 120 minute versions (including a short break)
Materials: Virtual handouts provided to work through
- Objectives of this workshop
- What’s the difference between confidence, assertiveness and aggression?
- The importance of effective communication and the effects of poor communication in the working environment
- Dealing With Challenging People & Situations
- Different types of personality and how to engage best with each one
- 6 types of assertion
- Being assertive but not aggressive
- Holding Challenging Conversations
- Understanding what challenging conversations you might face
- Creating the right environment – choosing the right method and setting to hold this conversation
- Positioning difficult conversations – planning and preparation
- Delivering difficult conversations and messages – structure
- Changing behaviour by choosing a different perspective
- Resolving Conflict
- Thomas-Kilmann conflict assessment – how do you currently manage conflict?
- Statements based on reasons vs expectations
- Responses to feedback
- How to handle difficult reactions to feedback
Polls & Questions
Hand Up Q&A
Case Studies & Examples
Recorded For Future Playback
Post-Session Action Plan
Take Away Actions & Notes
Design Your Own Webinar
We can include any topics that you need to ensure that your webinar is designed around your exact requirements.
Call us on 0333 320 2883 or email us at email@example.com and let us know what you would like to achieve.