Learn Essential Consultative Selling Skills
You need to give your prospects and clients a good listening to!
Long gone are the days when you would turn up and just pitch your solutions and products to them.
Instead, you need to be able to understand their requirements and also build up a picture so that you know how your products and services can help them.
You can only achieve this through consultative selling.
Our “Consultative Selling Skills” workshop will provide you with the skills and techniques so you can unearth the needs and wants of your buyers so you can effectively work out a strategy on how to offer your products and services to them in the right way.
Below is some indicative content.
We can tailor this based on your requirements, adding any topics or areas in that you need.
- What’s the difference?
- Why use the consultative selling approach?
- Establishing the consultative selling mind-set
What Does Excellence Look Like?
- What’s the end game?
- What are we aiming for in a sales interaction?
Position – Opening Your Sales Interaction With Impact
- Opening your interaction with a purpose
- Establishing rapport and showing the value of your interaction today
- Build instant credibility and trust within the first 5 minutes
Discover – Mutually Define Needs
- Understanding the needs and wants of the client
- Questioning and listening – different types of questions
- The needs dialogue process
- The probing factor
- Summarising needs
Build – Explore The Impacts Of Needs & Benefits
- Establish impacts and costs of current situation
- Involving the clients in exploring the consequences of doing nothing
- Exploring problems and creating urgency
- Discuss initial ideas and concepts in a clear and precise way
- Linking the content to your client’s needs
- Focus on benefits and what’s in it for the client
- Understanding the value equation
Resolve – Resolve Concerns Before They Become Obstacles
- Objection handling planning and responding to each one
- Pre-empt resistance and doubts before they surface
- Overcoming doubts, misinformation and legitimate concerns
- Securing commitment for the next call/meeting, the next step, the close
- Ensuring the client understandings his/her needs and the benefits you provide
- Key learning points
- What are you going to do more of, less of, start doing and stop doing?
- Creating your own unique actions to implement following this session
All of our in-house, bespoke sales training courses and programmes are CPD Certified.
Each of your sales people will receive a CPD Certificate for your specific course/programme.
Here are a selection of our clients that we have delivered sales training for
Learn what our credentials
are for in-house
sales training and
understand the process