Close More Software Demos
With The Right Training
Selling through a demo is much more than a “show up and throw up” of your software’s features and benefits.
It’s also much more than just a walkthrough of the main pages of your system.
Instead, you need to involve the prospect throughout the demo and really focus in on the aspects of your software that are most relevant to them.
Below is some indicative content.
We can tailor this based on your requirements, adding any topics or areas in that you need.
Software Demo Training Course Outline
- What does excellence look like?
- The key stages of a demo (if performed correctly!)
Pre Demo Planning And Preparation
- Researching the prospect and their company
- Creating potential “hot spots” for the prospect
- Creating a framework/script from which to use
- Confirming the appointment with the prospect
Opening The Interaction & Initial Fact Find
- Introductions and rapport building
- Positioning the call today and key objectives
- Effective questions to ask to obtain the objectives and goals of the prospect
- Probing the needs and requirements of the prospect
- Establishing key criteria for the prospect that is important to them
The Demo Walkthrough
- Personalising the walk through and the pages based on the requirements of the prospect
- Linking benefits of your software to their requirements and continuously building value throughout your interaction
- Involving the prospect throughout the demo via
- Asking questions
- Confirming benefits
- Can the prospect see this working
- How could the prospect use this
- Positioning the right package for your client and expressing benefits and features linked back to their requirements
- How to probe and ask for a trial close
- How cover the pay off and “what’s in it for them”
- Confirming what happens next and onboarding logistics
- Asking for the business in the right way which makes it sound simple
- Overcoming any resistance:
- “It’s too expensive/costs too much”
- “I’ll have to run it by other people”
- “I can’t see it working for us”
- “We don’t have internal resource to implement it”
- Others you receive
Prospect Follow Up
- Planning a follow up strategy
- Opening the call – conversation starters and rapport building statements from the demo
- Confirming next steps
- What are you going to do more of, less of, start doing & stop doing
- Creating your own unique actions to implement following this workshop
All of our in-house, bespoke sales training courses and programmes are CPD Certified.
Each of your sales people will receive a CPD Certificate for your specific course/programme.
Here are a selection of our clients that we have delivered sales training for
Learn what our credentials
are for in-house
sales training and
understand the process
Topic & Content Ideas
For Your Course