Written by Sean McPheat |
We all talk about what you should be doing during sales presentations but what about what you shouldn’t be doing?!
Here’s 5 sales presentation mistakes to avoid at all costs:
1. Don’t bore your clients about the features all of the time. Yes, do mention them but spend more time on their benefits
2. Off The Shelf RIP – Make sure that you bespoke and tailor each of your sales presentations. It’s not one size fits all.
3. Seeing your presentation as a transaction and not a relationship. You want to have a long term relationship with your prospects. It shouldn’t be viewed as a one off transaction. Make sure you mention this in your presentations.
4. It’s all about ME ME ME! Make sure you relate your presentation to your prospects. Don’t just spend time talking about you, your products and services and your company. Involve your prospects and talk about their situation, hopes and aspirations.
5. Not clarifying the next steps. During your presentation everyone needs to be crystal clear about what the next steps are? Poor presentations end with a whimper and a tumbleweed!
Avoid these mistakes and you’ll deliver more effective sales presentations that will get you closer to the sale.
Happy Sales Presentations!
Originally published: 3 February, 2009