Written by Sean McPheat |
As more and more sales people are recognising cold calling is less fruitful than they would like, attention is being focused on what you can do to improve your overall sales success rate.
If you would like to get hold of more decision-makers, talk to more interested people and give yourself a better chance of getting appointments, you need to do the hard work first that makes selling genuinely easy.
Here are ten alternatives that will drive interest in you and your products:
1) Write and share informative content that helps prospective customers solve their business problems.
By proving yourself useful to your chosen market, you will create awareness of your skills, knowledge and abilities to help them improve.
2) Use social media to improve your profile in markets that will benefit from your services
3) Join in with, contribute to and learn from specific LinkedIn groups.
Groups will provide opportunities for you to see what’s on the mind of your target market and help them answer questions
4) Find relevant content from blogs and articles you have researched and share them with current and future customers.
They will see you as a real asset to them and will view you as interested in their business
5) When creating sales emails, write them so they include helpful information to the recipient.
Don’t just try and sell your services; provide interesting information, results that others have achieved, new technical information that will resonate with the reader.
Make it informative and readable
6) Become an expert in a niche area that will make you become valuable to your prospects and clients.
When they have a question about that area, you will be first in mind to contact.
7) Make sure your CRM system gives you every bit of relevant information to assist you in communicating with your prospects.
Not just children’s names and favourite sports; information that will help you share relevant information.
You may uncover research about certain subjects that a prospect is interested in and send it to them, with a short note saying ‘I saw this and thought of you’
8) Put together a quick 20-minute webinar on a specific business issue your prospects are facing.
Record it and send the link out to prospects
9) Elicit testimonials from your best customers.
Determine how you have gotten results for them.
Get quotes that show you are beneficial for their business.
Then, drop these quotes into your LinkedIn profile and email signatures, so people have sight of what you have accomplished for other companies
10) Go through your list of lost deals.
Find information that would be relevant and informative for them.
Send them this info with no hidden agenda. Who knows?
The decision they made to go with someone else may have backfired, and they may see your contact as an opportunity to re-establish contact
Of course, all of the above takes time and effort.
But they will provide you with great chances to build your reputation, so that new customers start contacting you.
This will provide plenty of chances for you to follow up and reduce your reliance on cold calling in the future.
Originally published: 28 September, 2017
Search For More