More focus is always geared towards improving selling skills rather than negotiation skills.
This is a shame because you can leave a lot of money on the table if you don’t know what you’re doing!
Our in-house sales negotiation skills courses will equip your sales teams to be able to handle discount enquiries as well as to negotiate the terms and conditions of the deal.
The end result will be more margin in your pocket and at the same time your client will feel that they have got a good deal too.
This practical workshop provides all the skills sales people need to conduct profitable sales negotiations and maintain positive long-term business relationships.
This workshop will enable you to negotiate the best possible terms and to seek out the buyer’s real position and business drivers.
Below is some indicative content and we would tailor this based on your requirements, adding any topics or areas in that you need.
What Does Excellence Look Like?
- The difference between selling and negotiating
- The key skills of a top sales negotiation
- Negotiation styles – which one are you?
- The DNA of an effective negotiation – structure and process
- Win-Win collaborative negotiation – what does this mean for you?
Planning & Preparation
- Setting your objectives for a meeting
- Planning and preparing – what does the other person expect from you?
- Price differentiator value vs price – building value rather than reducing your price
- Know your LIM – Ideal Outcome, Intend to get, Walk away points
- Understanding your BATNA – Best alternative to a negotiated deal.
Discussing & Establishing Needs
- How to establish wants and needs – understanding their business drivers and pains
- How to listen for what’s not being said
- Verbal and non-verbal communication – what does your face and body positions tell the client?
- Assertive body language and written communication
- Effective questioning and listen skills
Signalling & Proposing
- Packaging your proposal to address the client’s business drivers
- Understanding what part of your proposal isn’t suitable if declined
- Identifying the negotiating games people play
- Recognising negotiation tactics and how to bring the conversation back to a collaborative negotiation
- Knowing when and how to secure the deal
- Phrases to use to propose, decline and recommend alternative solutions
Tactics and Techniques
- Techniques for opening and developing negotiations
- Rapport building – helping to get their guard down
- Assessing the balance of power
- Spotting the voice and body language clues
- How to negotiate creatively
- How to avoid weakening your position
Bargaining & Agreeing
- Giving and getting concessions
- Suggesting actions to move forward
- How to discount in the right way
- How to achieve win-win scenarios
- Key learning points
- What are you going to do more of, less of, start doing and stop doing?
- Creating your own unique actions to implement following this session