Sales Negotiation Course
Our sales negotiation training will equip you with the techniques and strategies to be able to handle discount enquiries more effectively as well as negotiate the terms and conditions of the deal, so you protect your margins a lot better.
We can run this as a 1-day, or a 2-day negotiation sales course based on your requirements and level of customisation. Either way, you’ll understand the strategies behind successful sales bargaining and the dance that we often must play with our prospective customers.
The course covers crucial aspects of effective sales negotiation like how to set objectives, planning and preparing effectively, comprehending value differentiation, and how to determine your ideal outcome.
It distinguishes between selling and negotiating, explores key negotiation skills, identifies various negotiation styles, and underscores the importance of collaborative win-win negotiations.
- Understand the differences between Selling vs. Negotiating
- Identify your current negotiation style and what it means to your sales performance
- Prep like a pro: Unlock advanced preparation methods
- Learn how to structure a negotiation conversation for a win-win outcome
- Use non-verbal cues to your advantage: Harness the power of body language
- Learn how to bargain, signal and propose solutions
- Uncover and address client needs: Become adept at identifying and satisfying client requirements.
- Navigate and close deals confidently: Secure successful deals with expert tactics
This is more than an objection handling course. If you are responsible for closing deals which requires an element of negotiation in pricing, resources, terms, conditions, and the deal itself, then this course is for you.
Our sales negotiation training is designed for experienced salespeople aiming to enhance their skills.
Our trainers have worked with a variety of clients, covering a wide range of different industries.
What Does Excellence Look Like?
- The difference between selling and negotiating
- The key skills of a top sales negotiation
- Negotiation styles – which one are you?
- The DNA of an effective negotiation – structure and process
- Win-Win collaborative negotiation – what does this mean for you?
Planning & Preparation
- Setting your objectives for a meeting
- Planning and preparing – what does the other person expect from you?
- Price differentiator value vs price – building value rather than reducing your price
- Know your LIM – Ideal Outcome, Intend to get, Walk away points
- Understanding your BATNA – Best alternative to a negotiated deal.
Discussing & Establishing Needs
- How to establish wants and needs – understanding their business drivers and pains
- How to listen for what’s not being said
- Verbal and non-verbal communication – what does your face and body positions tell the client?
- Assertive body language and written communication
- Effective sales questioning and listening skills
Signalling & Proposing
- Packaging your proposal to address the client’s business drivers
- Understanding what part of your proposal isn’t suitable if declined
- Identifying the negotiating games people play
- Recognising negotiation tactics and how to bring the conversation back to a collaborative negotiation
- Knowing when and how to secure the deal
- Phrases to use to propose, decline and recommend alternative solutions
Tactics and Techniques
- Techniques for opening and developing negotiations
- Rapport building – helping to get their guard down
- Assessing the balance of power
- Spotting the voice and body language clues
- How to negotiate creatively
- How to avoid weakening your position
Bargaining & Agreeing
- Giving and getting concessions
- Suggesting actions to move forward
- How to discount in the right way
- How to achieve win-win scenarios
Our sales negotiation course is structured to be engaging and interactive, focusing on the specific needs of the attendees and the organisation.
It can be provided as an in-house workshop, a LIVE webinar, or a blended approach.
Experienced Sales Trainers
Our trainers have had years of experience both as salespeople and as trainers.
Meet a few of them to give you a feel of what they’re all about.
Testimonials From Our Customers
Check out what our customers think of us.
All our in-house, bespoke sales training courses and programmes are CPD Certified.
Each of your salespeople will receive a CPD Certificate for your specific course/programme.