Skills Training Course
Our 2-Day Essential Selling Skills Training Course is the perfect solution for salespeople looking to improve their sales process and close more sales. It’s ideal for those who have had no formal training or are new to the role.
Our course will provide you with techniques and strategies to overcome objections and understand the sales process, allowing you to exceed your targets.
The course is a formally endorsed qualification by the Institute of Sales Management (ISM), which is an industry recognised benchmark for high-quality sales training programmes.
Upon attending the course, you will receive the “Selling Skills Professional” certificate from the ISM.
The course is also CPD certified, and you will receive a CPD certificate at no extra cost.
Who Will Benefit From Our Essential Sales Course?
- Field salespeople
- Business to business salespeople
- Salespeople who have had no formal training on the subject before
- Salespeople who need a refresher and need to get “back to basics” and refocus their time and effort
- New salespeople
- Client relationship managers
- Account managers
- Business development managers
- Commercial managers
What Will You Gain From The Course?
- Learn the difference between an average salesperson and a superstar salesperson
- Learn how to identify the specific needs of your client and how to match these with what you are selling/offering
- Learn how to prepare for sales presentations and calls
- Learn how to overcome objections and excuses in a positive and influential manner
- Learn how to build up credibility and “likeability” from your prospect
- Learn how to elicit your prospects needs and desires and how to read these
- Enhance your questioning and listening skills
- Learn how to use body language and non-verbal communication to your advantage – how to influence your client without them knowing!
- Learn how to understand the motivations of your prospects
- Learn techniques of how to get to that “YES” and close the sale
- How to get your point across without the waffle
- Learn how to build effortless rapport with your prospects
- Learn how to make that positive first impression
- Learn how to generate business over the telephone
Essential Selling Skills Training Agenda
Introduction & Objectives
How To Be A Superstar Sales Person
- Discover the differences between average salespeople and outstanding salespeople.
- Understand what makes an outstanding salesperson and how to adjust to changes in the selling landscape due to the pandemic and the current economic situation.
Understanding The Sales Process
- Learn the different stages of the sales cycle and what influences buying decisions.
- Understand how to process decisions in the prospect’s brain and how to influence their choices.
Learning How To Understand Your Prospect’s Needs
- Step into your client’s shoes to see their situation from their position.
- Learn how to adapt your approach based on what they want and position yourself, your company, and your product in light of their needs
The Techniques & Communication Skills Of Superstar Sales People
- Learn how to ask the right questions at the right time.
- Understand the different selling techniques and models, consultative and collaborative selling models.
- Develop your ability to listen attentively, read body language and buying signals, and build rapport with your prospect.
Recap & The Day Ahead
How To Overcome Objections & Excuses
- Discover how to turn negative responses into positive situations, including overcoming price objections and stalling.
How To Get To The Close & Ask For The Business
- Learn strategies for identifying buying signals.
- Understand when the right time is to close and how to close more prospects comfortably.
How To Make Effective Sales Presentations & Sales Calls
- Learn how to plan out and structure sales presentations, sales calls, and talks.
- Develop the ability to work out what to focus on and what style to deliver the presentation in.
Business Development Over The Telephone
- Discover how to generate leads and appointments over the telephone.
- Learn essential telesales skills, opening statements, and how to get through the gatekeeper.
- Develop your skills in responding to common telephone objections such as “I haven’t got the time” and “We don’t have the budget”.
Close & Actions
- Summarise what you’ve learned and plan your actions for applying your new skills and strategies to your sales approach.
Reviews From Previous Attendees
(Click to view)
Feedback From The Last 72 Sales Professionals Who Attended This Course
The course fees are £495 + vat.
The Essential Selling Skills Course is a formally endorsed qualification by the ISM and is also CPD Certified.
Upon attending the course you will receive the “Selling Skills Professional” certificate from the ISM and a CPD certificate.
Finish: 4.30 – 5.00pm
Included Within The Registration Fee:
- Course manual
- Course materials
- Buffet lunch
- Servings of tea and coffee throughout the day
- ISM “Selling Skills Professional” certificate & CPD certificate
- Unlimited email and telephone support from your trainer after the course
Please click on BOOK NOW below to reserve your place. We will then confirm the booking through email and will send you the joining instructions and invoice.
On-Going Support After The Workshop
After we have delivered your programme we do not just shake hands and take your money. We like to offer you some ongoing support.
Included within the cost are the following unique support options that are available to you.
Selling Skills Training FAQ
How can I improve my sales skills?
You can of course attend this course to improve but there are lots of other ways that you can improve your sales skills. Here are just a few:
- Sales books
- Action learning sets
- Knowledge share
- Brainstorming in a sales team meeting
Improving your sales skills is more like a mindset. Any other profession like a lawyer or a doctor has more than 10,000 hours of study to master their profession whilst us salespeople seem to be way behind.
Look to improve one element of your sales approach at a time. Attempting too many things at once will not enable you to understand what is working and what isn’t.
Will this course improve my sales communication skills?
Yes. This programme is focused on all the essential soft skills that are required to become a top salesperson. Sales communication skills is at the top of the list in terms of being able to listen attentively, ask relevant and timely questions and to also be able to influence and persuade others.
To overcome any resistance or objections that you might face your communication and presentation skills need to be on point and that’s exactly what this course is built around.
A lot of people think that salespeople need the “gift of the gab” This is not the case. All communication skills can be learned and then implemented. It takes practice and application.
Does this course cater for all products and services?
Whilst this workshop is focused on all the essential sales skills that are required for a successful career, it is more geared around Business to Business and Business to Consumer sales. It covers a solid curriculum of all the sales skills needed for success.
It does not cover specific retail sales techniques because that is a very niche topic in terms of the approach and the sales transaction.
What type of sales jobs is this sales skills training suitable for?
Some of the sales jobs and roles include:
- Sales rep
- Sales consultant
- Sales executive
- Business development manager
- Sales agent
- Account manager
- Relationship manager
- Sales manager
- Account executive
- Account manager
What is the structure of this sales skills training?
It’s not chalk and talk! You can expect an engaging, fun, and practical experience where you will discover the theory behind the approach and then how to put the learning into practice.
Expect discussions, live plays, role plays, scenario walk throughs and individual work.
We run this course both as a face-to-face workshop and webinar. The approach differs based on the delivery method used.
Either way, all of our learners will receive a formal certification from the ISM, the Institute of Sales Management.
More Open Courses
Here are some more open courses that we run throughout the UK.
Our most popular venues are London, Manchester and Coventry.
Improve Your Essential Selling Skills
With Some Of Our Popular And Relevant Blogs