Award Winning Sales Training Programmes
These programmes are normally modular in nature and are run over a number of months usually consisting of core development training and specific, individual requirements as well.
Our programmes can be as simple or as comprehensive as you like and can include fully blended learning experiences that include face to face, online sales training, digital resources and LIVE sales training webinars.
If you have a global salesforce we have representation in 25 different countries so we’ll have you covered.
MTD have a proven track record in delivering the results and the outcomes that our clients desire and we have the accolades to prove it as well.
Trusted Worldwide By Clients Big & Small
Our sales training programmes use blended learning methods to engage your sales people.
Below are some examples. We will work with you to select the right approaches based on your objectives.
These can include bite sized, 90 minute sessions through to half and full days. Workshops are normally run at regular intervals throughout the sales programme.
From short, 90 to 180 second microlearning sessions through to longer, interactive elearning modules there are lots of options for these.
Normally delivered LIVE at a set time our webinars are practical, engaging and fun. The normal duration for these are between 1 and 2 hours and they include polls and interaction.
Our team can work with your sales people one on one. Through either face to face, over the telephone or through video conference, these sessions cover personalised development opportunities.
We have a number of competency based and psychological sales assessments that provide an insight into what your sales people do and why they do it.
Your sales people are required to step into specific sales situations and scenarios and then work through them step by step with the best approach to take.
As an ISM and CPD centre we can offer a variety of formal endorsements and also sales qualifications. If you’re looking for your sales training programme to be accredited we can help you with this.
Your sales people are sent the theory behind the learning in advance and are expected to learn it via self-study. Then the workshop is all focused on practice.
Examples Of Different Topics
- Selling style – what am I like?
- Sales skills assessment – how am I currently performing?
Understanding Your Customer
- The psychology of today’s customers
- Understanding how your customers think
- Understanding how your customers process information and make decisions
- Understanding the needs and wants of your client – what are they really saying?
- How can you impact and influence this decision making process?
Understanding The Sales Process
- Perceptions of sales and selling
- How is a sale made? The key stages of a successful sale
- Applying a sales model to what you do
Prospecting & Business Development
- Different types of prospecting methods
- Planning and preparation
- Qualifying the decision maker
- Making cold/warm calls
- Understanding the sales process
- Impactful call openings
- How to sell an appointment
- Taking the call to the next stage
- Overcoming resistance
- Unearthing the needs and wants of your prospects and clients
- Questioning and listening skills
- Matching your products and services to their requirements
- Building value within your interaction
- Covering the features and benefits of your proposition
- Sales presentation basics
Exploring The Proposition
- Shoe on the other foot analysis – why would/should/do your customers choose you?
- Exploring the wider offering
- What are the benefits and USPs?
- Where is the added value?
- Is it REALLY added value to your client?
- Positioning the added value in the right way
Positioning & Building
- Creating a positive first impression
- Opening your interactions with purpose and impact
- Conducting the elevator pitch – without pitching!
- Establishing impacts and costs of current situation
- Determining the best approach to appeal to both sides of the brain
- How to really listen and use the information to your advantage
- Questioning and listening techniques that uncover information
- The needs dialogue process
- How to dig deeper without it becoming and interrogation
Presenting Your Ideas
- Building the value proposition
- Discussing the benefits and tailoring your offering to what the customer wants
- Being mindful of the opportunity available without hard-selling, pitching or over-selling
- Justifying your solution with confidence
- Differentiating yourselves from the competition
- Identifying the obvious and hidden objections – what’s the real objection?
- Pre-empting resistance and doubts before they surface
- Overcoming doubts, misinformation, and legitimate concerns
- Dealing with objections in real-time
- Isolating and overcoming sales objections
Securing Commitment & Closing
- Overcoming the fear of asking for the sale
- Identifying positive signals
- Ensuring the customer understands their needs and the benefits you provide
- Agreeing the next call, the next step, the close and securing commitment
- Converting to account status and managing customer expectations
- Account management training best practices
- Creating your hit list based on account potential
- How to develop a key account over the long-term
- Setting goals for each key account – short, medium, and long term
- Creating an account “touch point” strategy – face to face, telephone, email, social media
Building The Relationship
- Broadening and deepening the business relationship
- Evaluating ways in which to secure customer loyalty
- Researching areas where you can build and add value to your customers’ offering
- ‘Deep link’ services with the customer, making it harder for competitors to drive you out of the account
- Develop ongoing activities that make your company the supplier of choice
Moving From Supplier To Partner
- Understanding the transition from supplier to partner status
- The Trusted Advisor – how to add value over and above what you sell
- Managing the “in-between time” – how to stay in contact without bugging your customer
- How to create allies across the company to embed yourself with others throughout
Managing & Developing The Relationship
- Understanding your customers’ needs and business objectives
- How to structure and run an account review meeting
- How to introduce cross-selling and up-selling opportunities into the mix
- Looking beyond the obvious need
- Spotting additional opportunities
- Assessing who within your company is best placed to move the opportunity forward
Pre Call Planning & Preparation
- Getting your mindset right for the day ahead
- Researching your prospects and call list
- Planning your calls and your approach
- Developing and understanding your framework/call script
Opening The Call
- How to open your calls in the right way
- How to identify a gatekeeper screen
- The techniques to use to get through the 2 types of gatekeeper screen:
- The blind screen
- The investigative screen
Selling The Appointment
- Telesales training best practices
- Transitioning from the gatekeeper to the decision maker
- Questioning and listening skills
- Qualifying the decision maker
- Listening for the hook
- Selling the appointment and not your product/service
- How to respond to phrases such as:
- “I’m not interested”
- “How much is it?”
- “What are you selling?”
- “Tell me now?”
- “Call me back later”
- “Send me some information”
- “I already use someone/something for that”
Confirming The Appointment
- Understanding the costs of a missed appointment
- How to confirm the appointment in the right way using the C.E.M.E.N.T model
- What to do immediately after the phone call
- What to do before you meet to confirm the appointment
Sales Negotiation Skills
- The difference between selling skills and negotiating
- Knowing your L.I.M.I.T.S – Ideals, intend to get, walk away points
- Understanding your B.A.T.N.A – best alternative to a negotiated deal
- Signalling and proposing
- Bargaining and agreeing
Our in-house training courses and programmes have won many awards.
They are always practical, engaging and fun providing techniques that work!
The Learning Awards
Best External Training Solution
For the excellent results and ROI
that we achieved for an external
HR Distinction Awards
Best Supplier-Led Collaboration
Finalists for developing a creative and innovative solution that created outstanding benefits.
Best HR/L&D Supplier
We won this coveted award for a
customised training solution and
for the outstanding ROI it achieved.
Best HR Supplier Partnership
We won this prestigious award for the quality of our HR supplier partnerships.
Below are some case study examples of different sales training programmes.
Please click below based upon which area is most relevant to you.
Business To Business
Business To Consumer
Retail Sales Training
If you want to learn what selling skills you need to improve then please take our 64 question training needs analysis – SalesDNA Skills Audit.
You will be asked questions about your sales technique, your products and services knowledge, the sales process, your sales strategy, how you prospect and everything else that makes up an effective sales professional.
You’ll receive a personalised 19-page report with some recommendations on what you need to improve.
Over 10,000 sales professionals from all over world have benefited from the output of the report and are now having better sales conversations and are closing more business because of it.
The analysis is free. Please click below to begin the test.
Working With MTD
We’re incredibly easy to work with. Here’s some further information
about what to expect and how we will work together to make it happen
Sales Training Programme Design
We will work with you to design a programme that is unique to your organisation and to what you sell.
Understanding your sales process and people is vitally important if we are to get buy-in from your sales teams.
A sales training programme is a journey where your sales teams will learn new skills, brush up on their existing ones and will have the opportunity to practice in a safe environment as well as embedding their skills back at work.
All we do is designed and created to work in the real world. So no matter whether your sale is a transactional one or a strategic and complex sell, we have dedicated, specialist trainers who understand what it takes to be successful in your industry.
What You Can Expect…
- A good listening to so we understand your requirements
- Involvement in the design of the programme
- Ways to help get the buy-in of your key stakeholders
- Engaging, personalised content and programme design
- Hand selected trainers who are right for your culture
- On-going tools and resources to help embed the learning
- Unrivalled account management from the team at MTD
- Programme KPI’s and on-going measurements
- Flexibility during the programme to change direction
- Practical and proven delivery – Feefo ratings of 96%
We’ve trained over 9,000 different clients from hundreds of different industries.
Some of those clients include…
After we have developed the material for your programme it will go through the CPD Certification process.
What this means is that your sales team will receive a CPD Certificate for your specific course/programme.
All of this is completed with no additional cost.
What Is The Process?
We design and deliver bespoke, in-house sales training programmes for your sales team.
The beauty of our programmes is that we can get to understand about your business before we deliver the training.
We will also learn about what you sell and how you sell it to make sure that what we deliver is really specific to your industry and desired outcomes.
All you need to do is provide us with your requirements by clicking here or call us on 0333 320 2883 and we will prepare a proposal for you along with the costs and what each of your sales team will receive in terms of post course support (That really sets us apart from our competition)