Written by Sean McPheat |
I think we’ve all been duped at some time or another in the past.
We’ve been fooled, conned or have purchased something only to be let down by the product or service.
And what does this create?
Yes, it makes you scared and a little skeptical to make the same mistake twice!
And that’s what happens a lot with our prospects. You wonder why they are stalling and are scared to make a decision but they’ve had their fingers burnt in the past and they don’t want it to happen again.
So building up trust is really important and we need to step into our prospects and clients shoes and see things from their angle.
* Are scared of making a mistake
* Are scared of looking like a fool in front of their superiors and peers
* Have been duped before and have vowed “never again”
* Have made irrational decisions in the past due to hard selling tactics
* Don’t like to make decisions (yes, a lot of people would rather pass the buck!)
So it’s not just your features and benefits that will get the business. Instead, you need to overcome your prospects and clients fears and build up that all important trust.
This is often an overlooked area in selling.
Happy trust building!
The UK’s #1 Authority On Modern Day Selling
Originally published: 18 September, 2009