Improve Your Sales Management
& Leadership Skills
So you’re in charge of a sales team full of pros and newbies!
The pressure is on you to perform and to get the whole team performing as well.
Where do you start?
How do you motivate everyone to sell? How do you set challenging yet attainable sales targets? How do you train and increase the skills of your team? How do you get their respect?
This 2-day workshop will provide you with the sales management skills and techniques to get your team performing.
Below is some indicative content.
We can tailor this based on your requirements, adding any topics or areas in that you need.
- What is your role as a Sales Manager?
- The difference between sales management and sales leadership
- What makes an outstanding sales leader from the average?
- Understanding what your current leadership style is and what this means for your team
Developing Your Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- The importance of effective communication at work and the effects of poor communication
- Possible barriers to communication and methods to overcome them
- Ways to ensure effective communication in the workplace
- Preparing, matching and delivering the message
- Questioning and listening to uncover the right information
- Active listening – are you doing this?
- Being open and accessible
- Building trust and rapport
Managing Sales Performance
- SWOT analysis on your team – where do they currently stand?
- Setting sales goals, objectives and creating development plans together with your staff
- Reviewing sales performance and managing under-performers and high-achievers
- Understanding what makes people tick and what gets them out of bed in a morning
- Understanding how to elicit your sales team’s motivations, values and beliefs
- Tailoring your communications with them to motivate them to do an outstanding job
Addressing Key Performance Areas
- Understanding the hard and soft measures – it’s not JUST about the numbers
- Communicating and maintaining brand awareness in branch
- Missed opportunities and low win rates
- How to set sales targets that challenge but motivate
- How to create a sales plan for the team and for each individual
- Managing the sales plan – reviewing and tweaking
Understanding Learning Styles
- Range of learning styles, and how to select the optimum style for individuals within your team
- Being responsible for your own development and supporting others
- Assessing and selecting the right development options and resources:
- Conferences, training and online courses
- Coaching, mentoring and buddying
- Work shadowing and work based learning
- Forums and best practice events
- Self-directed learning
- Understanding the value and benefits of applying the learning and encouraging continuous development
Coaching & Mentoring Your Team
- The difference between coaching and mentoring
- Why coach?
- What does your coachee need? (Step into their shoes)
- The skills of a top coach and do you currently have them? (Self-assessment exercise)
- Coaching techniques as appropriate to the workplace situation
- The GROW coaching model – to use as a basis for your coaching sessions
- “In the moment” coaching
- Delivering constructive and motivational feedback
- Key learning points
- What are you going to do more of, less of, start doing and stop doing?
- Creating your own unique actions to implement following this session
All of our in-house, bespoke sales training courses and programmes are CPD Certified.
Each of your sales people will receive a CPD Certificate for your specific course/programme.
Here are a selection of our clients that we have delivered sales training for
Learn what our credentials
are for in-house
sales training and
understand the process