This 1-day workshop will help your team to be more sales and client-orientated when acting as key points of contact within the business.
It will be especially helpful for those staff who need to deal with calls and meetings where they are essentially conductors of first impressions for your organisation.
The workshop will be focused around developing their skills, behaviours and techniques to successfully communicate with customers, suppliers and each other via email, telephone and during face to face interactions.
Below is some indicative content and we would tailor this based on your requirements, adding any topics or areas in that you need.
Essential Selling Skills
- Understanding that every call/meeting is a potential sales opportunity
- What is your role in this?
- Characteristics and qualities of excellent “conductors of first-impressions”
- Understanding the challenges associated with selling – especially in a non-sales role
- Understanding your selling style
Developing Your Communication Skills
- Communication styles reviewed
- Developing a conversational style
- Projecting a professional image over the phone and face to face
- Building trust and rapport with your new and existing customers over the phone and face to face
- Importance of your non-verbal communication skills
- Body language – how to use it to your advantage
Telephone Approach & Manner
- Importance of greetings
- Opening your calls with impact – both inbound and outbound
- Questioning and listening skills
- Exploring the wants and needs of the prospect/customer
- Active listening techniques
- Importance of tonality
Effective Email Communication
- Importance of professional and effective communication
- Different styles and approaches to email communication depending on the recipient
- Reviewing best practice including punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Why speed of response is so important
- Getting action from your email communications
- Key learning points
- What are you going to do more of, less of, start doing and stop doing?
- Creating your own unique actions to implement following this session