Essential Skills For Strategic & Complex Sales
If you’re responsible for complex and major sales then this course will provide you with the strategic selling skills that you need to be successful.
The duration of this course can be between 1 to 3 days depending on whether you would like to use real, live accounts and the number of delegates on the programme.
This course will enable your sales team to create sales plans that have a strategic focus to them enabling them to determine who the DMU (Decision Making Unit) is and how much influence each one has on the end decision.
Armed with this your team will be able to sell more effectively throughout the entire sales process and will be able to manage their time, resources and collateral much better during the longer sales cycle that it normally takes for complex sales.
Below is some indicative content.
We can tailor this based on your requirements, adding any topics or areas in that you need.
- What exactly is a complex sale?
- Understanding complex buying behaviour and what it means
- How does the approach differ from a typical sale?
- Understanding the key stages of a complex sale
Strategic Selling Approach
- The mindset that you need to develop
- Creating a strategic plan that you can easily evaluate and measure against
- Opportunity scoring – evaluating and gauging outcomes
Decision Making Criteria
- How to identify the DMU (Decision Making Unit)
- Understanding levels of influence and how to determine this
- Account mapping
- Discovering their reasons for buying (Their own reasons, not collective)
- How to influence and use their reasons to your advantage
- How to create a plan for decision blockers
- What differentiates yourself over the competition?
- What is your competitive advantage and how to use this against other suppliers
- How buyers evaluate competitive advantage and how you can influence their criteria throughout the sales process
- How to price business away from other suppliers
Getting The Deal Over The Line
- How to manage “lag time” throughout a long sales cycle
- How to manage the status quo of doing nothing
- Identifying legitimate concerns from stalls
- Managing the risk of working with you (especially if there is a current supplier in place)
Here are a selection of our clients that we have delivered sales training for