Written by Sean McPheat |
23 February, 2009
Here’s an email I received over the weekend:
“Dear Sean – thank you so much for your wonderful sales blog. My Sales Manager is always going on at me about my lack of after-sales follow up activity and I am trying to improve. Are there any other areas that I should be looking out for in addition to this? Thanks again Ian King”
Lacking an effective follow up process is a killer in sales. There is so much money left on the table due to this not being done that it can be scary!
There are other areas to avoid too.
Here are my top 5 mistakes to avoid in perfecting your post-sale activity:
1. No effective follow up sales process
2. Going for big deals all of the time
3. Not viewing current clients as prospects
4. Not looking out for trends in your client’s industry that can be an “in” with your clients
5. Being afraid to ask for more business
You’ve done the hard work in getting the client and as long as they are happy clients then there is gold in them there hills! As long as your post sales activity enables this of course!