1-Day Key Account Management Open Course
This course is designed to provide Account Managers with the skills, behaviours and techniques to maximise the profitability from the accounts that they manage.
The course looks at how to build long term relationships so your existing clients will stay with you for longer, spend more with you and are open to cross and up-selling opportunities which are “sold in” through the excellent relationships that you have with them.
The course is a formally endorsed qualification by the Institute of Sales Management and upon attending the course you will receive the “Key Account Professional” certificate from the ISM.
ISM endorsement is the industry recognised benchmark for high quality sales training programmes.
Supported by their quality assurance system, endorsement confirms that our training programme is professionally designed and delivered to exacting standards.
The course is also CPD Certified (Continuing Professional Development) and after attending the course you will receive a CPD Certificate at no extra cost.
Who Will Benefit From The Course?
- Account managers
- Key account managers
- Relationship managers
- Client relationship managers
What Will You Gain From The Course?
- Understand what it takes to move from supplier to trusted advisor and partner status with your clients
- How to create a toolkit of relationship building skills and techniques
- How to run an account review meeting with your clients
- How to establish your objectives for each of the accounts that you manage
- How to calculate the potential of each account
- Working out a relationship and communications plan for each of your accounts
- Account planning – devising a revenue generation plan for each client
- How to create a multi-level influencing strategy for other areas of their business
Introduction & Objectives
Key Account Management – What Does It Take To Succeed?
- What’s the definition of a key account within your business?
- What’s your role as a key account manager?
- The skills, knowledge and behaviours you need to be successful
Account Analysis & Prioritising – Who & What Comes First?
- Maximising business opportunities – how to research, gather intelligence and analyse your clients for revenue potential
- Investment versus return – work out who to spend your time on and what the pay off is
- SWOT analysis on your client accounts – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
Planning Your Key Account Strategy
- Creating your hit list based on account potential
- How to develop a key account over the long-term
- Setting goals for each key account – short, medium & long term
- Creating an account “touch point” strategy – face to face, telephone, email, social media
Managing The Relationship
- Account mapping – how to create the structure of each account – decision makers, influencers etc
- How to structure and run an account review meeting
- Influencing multi-level contacts of an account
From Supplier To Partner
- Understanding the transition from supplier to partner status
- The Trusted Advisor – how to add value over and above what you sell
- Managing the “in-between time” – how to stay in contact without bugging your clients
Close & Actions
Your Course Leaders
Feedback From The Last 88 Sales Professionals Who Attended This Course
Click on the images below to download more information about our training venues, including directions to these locations:
Finish: 16.30 – 17.00
The course fee is £295 + VAT
The Key Account Management Course is a formally endorsed qualification by the ISM and is also CPD Certified. Upon attending the course you will receive the “Key Account Professional” certificate from the ISM and a CPD certificate.
Included Within The Registration Fee:
- Course manual
- Course materials
- Buffet lunch
- Servings of tea and coffee throughout the day
- ISM “Key Account Professional” certificate & CPD certificate
- Unlimited email and telephone support from your trainer after the course
Booking Information & Questions
0333 320 2883
On-Going Support After The Workshop
After we have delivered your programme we do not just shake hands and take your money. We like to offer you some ongoing support.
Included within the cost are the following unique support options that are available to you.
6 Months Of Unlimited Email & Telephone Support
During the programme and for 6 months thereafter you can email or call your programme leader as many times as you like for help and guidance.
You might be implementing a technique and have a question to ask about it or you might have some difficult sales meetings coming up – no matter what the situation your course leader is on hand to help you.
After all, we appreciate that the learning event is just the start of the process!
Online Audio Seminars
We will also give you access to 5 x 25 minute audio sales seminars that you can listen to at your desktop through the internet or download as an MP3.
Each audio seminar has a short and snappy sales technique that will get you thinking about what you are doing and how you are doing it.
Weekly Sales Tips Newsletter
You can also have the option to sign up to our weekly “Sales Tip” newsletter that will be delivered to your inbox.
Each “Sales Tip” will cover topics such as:
- Effective communications sells
- Closing skills
- Up-selling and cross-selling
- Buying signals
- Questioning skills
- Listening skills
4-Part Video Series
To keep you sharp straight after the training, you will be sent a 4-part video series.
Each video is less than four minutes long and cuts straight to the chase providing you with actionable tips and techniques that you can use at work.
6 Months Access To The MTD Sales Academy
All delegates receive 6 months access to our online MTD Sales Training Academy.
The Academy has over 100 online training videos, audios, cheat sheets and guides to help them embed the learning back at work and they can dip in and out of the academy when they need to making it a valuable “go to” resource as they embed the learning back at work.
Booking Information & Questions
0333 320 2883
Booking is really simple – click here to complete our online booking form.
We will then send you a confirmation email, invoice and joining instructions. There is the option to pay via invoice or by card.